- Apply the knowledge of basic sciences and Mathematics to engineering fundamentals, electronics and communication problems.
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex electronics, communication problems reaching substantiated conclusions using principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex electronics and communication problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge of electronics and communication, and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex electronics and communication engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge of electronics and communication to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the electronics and communication solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the electronics and communication engineering practice.
- Electronics and communication professional must function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities of electronics and communication with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Electronics and communication professional must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- An ability to undertake self learning of contemporary issues and engage in lifelong learning
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
A graduate of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Program will demonstrate:
PSO1: Professional Skills: An ability to understand the basic concepts in Electronics & Communication Engineering and to apply them to various areas, like Electronics, Communications, Signal processing, VLSI, Embedded systems etc., in the design and implementation of complex systems
PSO2: Problem-Solving Skills: An ability to solve complex Electronics and communication Engineering problems, using latest hardware and software tools, along with analytical skills to arrive cost effective and appropriate solutions.
PSO3: Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: An understanding of social-awareness & environmental-wisdom along with ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to sustain passion and zeal for real-world applications using optimal resources as an Entrepreneur.