The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2008 with the objective of imparting knowledge in cutting-edge technologies in Information Technology. The Department has a team of dynamic, young and dedicated staff, with specialization in wide array of areas. The Department has well equipped laboratories with 120 Computer Systems with facilities that are vital to train the students in state-of-art software and hardware. The Department always strives to reach the latest technology and advancement in this field to the young learners as well as aspirants by inviting the corporate legends and experienced academicians to enlighten the IT community of our institution.
Every Year, our college is organizing the Two days National Level Technical Symposium MITILENCE on second week of February at our MIT campus as a part of students development activities. The National conference SCAN is being conducted during first or second week of March with paper presentation by the Students and Research scholars on advanced and emerging topics. Students are encouraged to participate in competitive events that are conducted by various other educational institutions. Students are also motivated to publish their works as paper in various International Conferences and Journals. Students often visit Industries to gain practical knowledge on application of the technologies they learn as part of their course. Also our department faculty are members of various professional societies and technical bodies like IEEE, CSI, ISTE, etc.
Programme offered by the Department are
- B.Tech. Information Technology
Our B.Tech (IT) program provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to take on appropriate professional positions upon graduation. It also assists the graduates to attain leadership positions and successfully pursue post graduate studies and research in the field. Different core areas of Information Technology that are covered by our curriculum include programming, networking, web systems, information management and human computer interaction. The program is designed in such a way that the graduate
develops a practical understanding of the technologies and acquires expertise for a successful career.
The Department strives to instill a sound knowledge in Information Technology and to
enable the students to face the recent and imminent challenges.
To bring Information Technology graduates with high quality, progressive research and modern
technology for the benefit of people locally and globally.
Short Term Goals
- To improve academic performance of the students using innovative method of teaching.
- To strengthen the department infrastructure and human resources.
- To conduct FDP, workshops/conferences regularly for skill up-gradation.
- To bring a valuable student, understanding the professional and ethical responsibility.
- To achieve 100% placements record through motivating the students with effective training programme.
Long Term Goals
- To motivate the faculty and students for research and publication work.
- To create better entrepreneurs in the area of Information Technology.
- To take up sponsored projects from private and government organizations.
- To establish and strengthen Industry-Institute interaction.
- To establish centre-of-excellence for research in Information Technology.
- To introduce advanced technologies and courses in the field of IT.